Saturday, August 25, 2012

Our amazing trip to Cambodia...

To start off I want to say that Cambodia is by far, my favorite place of the places I have traveled. The people have a kindness likened to the Thai people and the landscape is lush and diverse, but I found that the strength and resilency of the people was most moving. I wanted to learn more about what had happened in this country just 35 years ago. What I found out amazed me and spawned a thirst for more knowledge.


Our trip began with us landing in Siem Reap after having spent only a few short hours in HoChi Min, Vietnam. 







During lunch on our first day in Siem Reap a server enquired about our plans to see Angkor Wat and if we had already arranged for a driver to take us there. It is very common for a tourist to feel overwhelmed by the bombardment of requests from Tuk Tuk drivers and their friends. Everyone knows someone who would love to drive you around. Competition is stiff and it seemed as if it was not a high season for tourists so there were many people looking for work in the tourist industry. We used our instincts to decide who to pick to drive us, you don't want to be stuck with a pushy driver. Luckily we found Reaksa. He had a kind face and we were fortunate to have been able to spend a few days with him hearing about his life.

5 am photography..




I seem to find a cat everywhere I go.

And I was in luck, also a vegetarian restaurant in every city. 

No comments:

Post a Comment